Price and Service Information – Business Immigration
Instructing solicitors can seem like a daunting process but it is easier if you clearly understand the scope of work that will be undertaken for you, how long it will take and how much you will be charged for this.
We are always very happy to discuss such matters with you, both before we undertake any work for you and at any point whilst any of your matters are progressing.
Transparency and a clear understanding of the scope of work, timescales for delivery and costs will be important for you, and are a fundamental part of our service, which has contributed in no small part to us building trusted, longstanding client relationships over a number of years. We would very much welcome the opportunity to start that journey with you too.
Since December 2018, in accordance with their Transparency Rules, the Solicitors Regulation Authority has required all solicitors to publish on their website certain key information for particular areas of legal work. You will find that information set out below for our legal services in connection with Business Immigration.
Whilst we hope that you find this useful, because this information needs to cover a number of scenarios, it is unfortunately lengthy and not as simple as we would like it to be for you.
So, if you need any legal assistance and think that we may be able to help (including matters relating to Business Immigration), please do contact us directly (whether over the telephone or by email) so that we can properly understand the assistance that you require and how best we help you. This will then enable us to provide you with a tailored estimate of charges for your particular requirements, which we are sure will be much clearer and easier for you to understand since they will reflect your exact requirements.
If you would like to provide us with details of your particular circumstances and requirements, click here to request a detailed quote / to arrange a meeting. We would be very pleased to hear from you so that we can assist you with the clear and transparent information that you need.
2. Services provided
Please note that we only provide immigration advice to employers and their staff regarding matters related to applications to work or to carry out business in the UK. The areas that we provide advice on are therefore restricted to:
- applications under the points based system set out in the Immigration Rules to work or conduct business in the UK;
- nationality or other applications based on long residence;
- dependent relative applications.
3. Our Fees
For work in connection with Business Immigration, our charge is calculated on a time basis on the following hourly rates:
Partner: £280.00 (plus VAT)
As a guide, we find that our Fees for most work (based on the Scope of Work below) are between £5,000 – £10,000 (plus VAT) (excluding disbursements) but depending on the circumstances may be more. If the fees are likely to exceed this range then we shall seek to agree fees with clients in advance of commencing work.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that it is necessary for us to pay to other people, businesses, agencies or entities on your behalf. We will ask you to provide us with the funds in advance to pay these costs.
Anticipated disbursements will be advised to you at the time you instruct us.
All disbursements are payable in addition to our Fees
5. Scope of Work
Our Fees as set out above only covers the following work:
- considering all relevant documents;
- attending the client to take instructions and providing initial advice;
- preparing and submitting the relevant application;
- advising the client on timelines and the outcome of their application;
- liaising with the Home Office;
- advise clients/applicants on any/all requirements of application.
Our Fees as set out above do not include:
- setting up the required tests (e.g. Life in the UK test or English ) to be passed in order for an application be successful
- purchasing the necessary literature in order to prepare
- provide references for the purposes of satisfying the conditions of the application (where applicable)
- setting up the approved English language test (where necessary)
- Any disbursements, charges and costs incurred in addition to our Fees
6. How long will my matter take?
The length of time before your matter completed depends largely on the Home Office delays in processing your application. We will however provide you with an estimate of time taken at the tome we are instructed based on current processing times. However, we are able to provide the following general guidance.
7. Individuals dealing with your matter
Jonathan is a Partner and head of our Employment Department with over 30 years of experience advising employers on a full range of employment matters. He is particularly noted for his expertise in devising effective strategies to secure the removal of underperforming executives and the negotiation of severance terms. He also heads up our Business Immigration Team.